Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Olympic National Park - The Coast


Next stop for us was the Coast! Mora and La Push beaches and camping at Mora Campground. We mostly hiked Rialto Beach, out past Hole-in-the-Wall for lots of tide pooling! The photo above in the start, where the parking lot is and the point way out there, with sea stacks isn't even all the way! You can also continue north past Hole-in-the-Wall for backpacking; yet another thing for the 'next time!' list. If you want to hike the beaches remember to check the tide chart - we just made it in time!

While we were just hanging around on the beach, all of a sudden this little deer popped out and made for the tide pools! Definitely something I've never seen before and I'm really curious what he was munching on out there!
On the way back we crossed a stream and decided to follow that until it led us to this little freshwater (freeeeeezewater!) lake. I say lake because it was freakishly deep and definitely would have been awesome to jump into had it not been so cold! "You didn't expect me to be jumping into every body of water we came across!" No, I definitely did not and our guest definitely swam in here, burr!!! I posted up on these logs were completely grown over with grasses and flowers, this one ^ was like a faerie pride rock, hee!
At La Push beach there are some larger, closer sea stacks and I just had to know if they could be accessed! I walked all the way to the tip of the jetty to determine this - and when I say walk, I mean I had to hop from rock to rock to log to rock like a spazzy mini Mario. The other awesome thing was that every crevice of the jetty was covered in starfish!! AHHH!!! Don't worry I restrained my photo dump. 
From the point of the jetty looking back

View off the jetty


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel welcome to leave a comment!