Friday, July 12, 2013

This Beautiful Place: Deception Falls Pt 2

Here is the second photo dump from the Deception Falls hike! I allllmost didn't cross this bridge! It was very difficult to take pictures on it so I mostly shot blindly while death gripping the railing up to my elbow. Both the falls and the hike were incredibly beautiful. One thing I loved and couldn't get over were the skunk cabbages!! Skunk cabbage, lysichiton americanus, is known for having the largest leaves - two feet wide and four feet tall! Cresting a incline to see a miniature valley of these abnormally large, vivid green plants just feel magically prehistoric!


Cute ferns!
All rolled up!
Skunk cabbage plus foot for reference 
Some beautiful coloring and forest patterns!
Looking at the path ahead
I made a blurry gif! River from the bridge!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel welcome to leave a comment!