Tuesday, November 13, 2012

I Wore: A Sweater, Felt: Cozy

I have become a master layer-er. By this I mean that I'm usually wearing at least 4-5 upper layers, hopefully two bottom ones, plus one or two pairs of warm socks inside my warm (yet still somewhat unsightly) hiking boots. Plus usually a scarf, hat, gloves, jacket and raincoat! When I leave the house in the morning I feel like Randy from A Christmas Story, "I can't put my arms down, I can't put my arms down!" 


This leaf necklace is also a friendship necklace! At least, that's what we decided it should be when my friend and I realized we were both buying the same necklace! The flower charm is actually an addition - something I just can't help but do to my necklaces; combine, conjoin, borrow, enhance etc. I'm constantly switching chains or charms or what have you. The flower square was a wonderful gift the other day at work and I was just so pleased! She said no one would buy it because it was broken and that she was just waiting for the right person to give it to. Yay! Spread love, receive love. All the flowers are real, pressed flowers between two pieces of glass and soldered together. I love her work, and I actually have another of her necklaces that I got on my first visit to Seattle - so the collection grows!
This is probably my most favorite scarf in all the land! Super soft and warm, warm, warm! I love it so much and I'm glad carried it through the summer because I literally wear it everyday now. I really love that it has texture and pattern to it while still being incredibly simple. I love being warm and cozy and this sweater is a recent Target purchase. I'm really hoping to bundle up with some more sweaters, even with all of my respectable winter clothes being 1,000 miles away I don't own any sweaters so they are definitely something I've been allowing myself to buy! 

I did it! I finally tried the sock bun! I was really worried because I have long, spastic hair and I really didn't think it would work very well but boy do I stand corrected! It's amazing! And so easy! Aaaand, really good for dirty hair...not that I have super unwashed hair right now, hee hee. Also, quick little unintentional secret about this last shot - I LOVE that I can see the inside of my glasses which are blue! Yay!

With all the rain here (I'm still trying not to be surprised) taking pictures outdoors isn't very easy. And the lighting inside isn't so great, in fact, from a photographers perspective it's downright terrible. The new apartment is basically a basement apartment so these front windows are the only windows with light and they actually don't receive any direct sunlight unfortunately. I thought about taking a break from blogging in these winter months but I realized that I actually really enjoy it - probably because it's easy and I can do whatever I want or make as little sense as I please. So we'll see what happens. It's nice and empty still so theres plenty of room for shoots (although we hope to change this soon! Plans in the works!). 
These socks were such an awesome gift from my QB (bff)!! They are a collaboration between the company 'Throx' and one of our favorite authors Christopher Moore! Throx are socks but instead of two you get three! Throx are the cure for the missing sock! Now these stripy socks are 'f*cksox' (from Moore's made up profanity "'f*ckstockings!" which I highly recommend using) and every purchase benefits MS research. If your interested in your own Throx - click here!  It's a win, win...win win win. 
Yes, that is a plant. On a box. He's still recuperating and doing quite well if I do say so! I had one more casualty over the weekend with my bubbly toes plant but my zebra (Haworthia Fasciata, if your fancy) looks to be making a full recovery! On that note, it's time for a watering! Have a fantastic day!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness I love the scarf and jewelry. Let's hope for no more casualties =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pressed flower jewellery, in fact I don't think I own enough of it and I should rectify that ASAP!

    http://enidtwiglet.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your hair <3 and you look so cute and cozy so i wanna cuddle you xxxx
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so glad the bun worked! And yes, that's exactly how I feel in this outfit, cute and cozy!

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel welcome to leave a comment!