Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Milkmaid Dress

I learned that the new backyard is ever so slightly sloped, so I'm always leaning slightly upward. Target had a bunch of really amazing summer dresses this season and I had my eye on a few. By the time they went on sale, this was one of the only styles left and while I like it, I don't know that I love it. I love the upper portion, grey lace and eye hooks with the sweet floral pattern but I really dislike the band of hot pink around the bottom and the 'segments' of the dress. What is that all about?! Why not just make the dress, why break it into three sections and add that weird pink stripe? I don't know but what I did discover is that the strange segmenty things are super swishy! Perfect for twirling!

For some reason I have dubbed this dress, the Milkmaid Dress. Not even sure why. My hair has gone beyond in terms of fading, I just haven't had time to re-do it so hopefully I'll find the time soon. Almost all the blue is gone and just kinda looks like sickly chlorinated hair or something. Maybe it will turn green and then I'll have a new color! I keep dreaming of chopping it short and dying all my hair but then I remember how nice it actually is having it down in the winter for some extra warmth!
Speaking of warmth, these boots are sure keeping me warm! I should look into waterproofing them so I can wear them on rainy days as well.

3 comments:

  1. Oh I do love me some target sales, but sometimes I find myself buying something I don't necessarily LOVE, because it was on sale. I'm still in total envy of these boots, and I don't think your hair looks "sickly chlorinated" at all =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That perfectly explains my weakness with Target, I feel ya on that!

      Delete
  2. you look stunning :)!
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel welcome to leave a comment!