Monday, April 22, 2013

A Little Pink, A Little Funk

I got a new ring. I like the new ring. The ring came as a sparkle in these grey weeks which I'm glad for and it led to an adventure, which of course I love. Especially when I find a little magic. I've been spotting little collections of pink about the house and I love it. When I was little I had an awesome pink room but after 10 years of pink, its..well its like 10 years of any color! Needless to say pink hasn't been prominent but it's been creeping back in...hello.
So pink is nice enough, florals are nice enough, this outfit is nice enough but then I have this overwhelming tendency to throw it off, dont know where it comes from or why, yea it's weird, kinda funky and yea I gotta go there. The result..red boots. Kinda works, kinda doesn't. I'm ok with that.
I've gotten some pretty rad thrift scores recently and I'm pretty excited about them..these boots, this bag and the olive overlayer..all thrifted. My proudest is the bag, ridiculous tag sale so it was $1.29, smiles.
One of the perks of my job has been daily exposure with some pretty neat stuff from artists to farmers, and while I'd like to have a piece of everything I can't have it all. But it is fun to share my favorites! Artist/Anthropologist Daniel Leen hand casts PNW artifact jewelry, among many other awesome things. I saved for these earrings while trying to decide which design since most are etchings from Pacific Northwest pictograph and petroglyph sites. It was hard to choose a favorite I settled on the Green Man mostly because they've got a little shimmer. I'm definitely getting a second pair with an etching one day. 
Just couldn't help myself ; ) 

And ps...say goodbye to that fishtail braid!

3 comments:

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel welcome to leave a comment!