Saturday, August 3, 2013

Olympic National Park - Marymere Falls and Hurricane Ridge

Running through a field of daisies is preeeeetty wonderful. The daisy field, with Lake Crescent in the background, was alongside the trail to Marymere Falls; the payoff far succeeded our payout on this hike. The hardest part of the hike was a few stairs and one final biiig step up over the root of a large tree (seen below with the falls in the background). My other favorite flower blooming at lake level are Foxglove, they're so vibrant and beautiful!




Hurricane Ridge was just as breathtaking as I remember it. I was so excited to explore more of the ridge this trip since the snowmelt was much further along than the first time I visited and wildflowers like Avalanche Lily and Phlox were in full bloom alongside the trails. The air was so incredibly crisp and clear that at one vista we could see over the Strait of Juan de Fuca, to Vancouver Island (Canada!) and the mountains beyond that...I like to think that one of those was Whistler. 

I realize this was a serious photo dump stretched into a few posts but I can't help it! What an amazing place! I'm so thankful to have shared this trip with good friends and I can't wait to go back - which needs to be now!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel welcome to leave a comment!