Thursday, August 15, 2013

Sassy Red, White & Blue

Polka Dot Dress - Thrifted // Shimmer Skirt - Thrifted // Lace Top - Free People // Necklace - XXI
This dress caught my eye because of the pattern, simple but not boring, the shape and the buttons down the front. I knew it would be great for fall and winter, easy to layer and I really want to wear it with my docs! Buuuuut, I don't own a slip. To improvise I wore some slip-esque underlayers - a silky, shimmery skirt and a blue lace crop top.The colors in this outfit make me think of vintage victory girls or pin up models, sorta like the classic 50s housewife with a twist. Red white and blue, but maybe its the black thats adding a twist? Either way, I like it. I would love to figure out victory rolls and rock that for a day!  

3 comments:

  1. You look so lovely & retro ! I love this dress, you look just fantastic, aw !

    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel welcome to leave a comment!