Friday, March 1, 2013

Red Orage Roses

Winter at work is cold, and boring. And cold. Layers are important, so is sanity. If the only pleasure I can accomplish for myself throughout the day is wearing a twirly dress and consequently twirling all day then so be it. Being fairly exposed all day means layers, layers, layers! Some things I can't escape despite 'dressing warm,' like wind burn on my face and knotted hair at the end of the day. I know sometimes I look completely ridiculous with 3 jackets, scarf, hat and bags. Probably like a crazy lady. I accept it.
This outfit feels more like October with the deep reds, orange, brown and black but I actually like the jumble of colors. I suppose this outfit came together, considering how many layers are here - boots with wool socks, Underarmer leggings, pants, thermal, tank, long sleeve shirt, dress, sweater, coat and hat. Not pictured is the additional 'real' jacket that goes on top of it all - puffy to say the least and my apologies to anyone who tries to sit next to me on the bus, ha! Warmth definitely beats out 'fashion' and it really becomes about how much I can put on that even remotely goes well. Most days it's just sweatshirts over sweatshirts but my own lack of imagination makes me feel even frumpier so I attempt to make the outfit fun or bright or something not so boring. I've rekindled a love for dresses as they are wonderfully efficient, adding both a top and bottom layer.
The orange and brown sweater above was another recent thrift that I'm enjoying. Coozzzyy! I've definitely been adding sweaters to my collection. I have a TON of baggy sweatshirts but with their hoods and bulk, its actually hard to fit under layers and since I usually wear 2 jackets at work...sweaters are the way to go.
When I bought this necklace originally I had hopped to put some pressed mushrooms inside its locket space. Alas, mushrooms weren't really available in my area but now that I'm in the PNW I really hope to get some in there! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel welcome to leave a comment!