Saturday, March 2, 2013

The House Collection

I wanted to share this odd collection of mine that somehow began to happen. I'm a complete sucker for any kind of roadside attraction or oddity. Sometimes it's coincidence and sometimes I hunt them out. Here is a collection of Houses.  
Fish Bowl House, Berkley CA

Top Gun House, Oceanside CA

The Flintstones House, Northern CA

Stadium High School, not technically a house but was a filming location for 10 Things I Hate About You, Tacoma WA

10 Things I Hate About You, Tacoma WA

Mrs. Doubtfire, San Francisco CA

Never say die, Astoria OR


This collection ranges over the past 3-ish years? I was really enthusiastic to see the Goonie house, so much so that I thoughtfully dated and time stamped - woah geek. If I got all deep and really asked myself why, what the point would be for this strange documention...in some way and on some level it means something to me, either the memory association from watching a movie, relating to a character - a way of crossing the bridge into fictional and taking away from it, completing the cycle somehow. For the random houses I just appreciate their weirdness and I suppose that's worthy of documentation.

I Just Want To See It
Why?
I Just Want To See It.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness I love houses and that would be incredible to see them in real life after seeing them so many times on T.V. I'd probably geek out and try to reenact scenes.

    I have seen New Girl! I religiously watched the first season and loved it. I've kind of gracefully bowed out though temporarily. I feel like Jess' character isn't consistent, and isn't growing or going anywhere (Her outfits are killer at least). I loooooove the boys in the show though. Schmidt and Nick are a joy to watch and the guys are wonderful actors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, which is pretty much what I did! Haha. At the Goonie house no one was there and I was sad we were the only journeyers and then when we were leaving about 4 more cars showed up! Yay, hee hee.

    And too true about the show, I think they are really trying to push Nick & Jess and work everything else around that. I love Scmidt and his click clackers!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel welcome to leave a comment!