Monday, March 18, 2013

Easy being green.

I enjoyed this St. Patties by sleeping in! It's been a little while since I've actually slept in so I let myself enjoy it. I would have loved to make some kind of corned beef and cabbage dish but it kinda crept up on me...I feel like this year is flying by too fast! Even though I didn't 'celebrate' St. Patties, in fact my afternoon was spent exploring, I still wanted to salute the holiday with some green. I don't exactly know where it came from, but I really do enjoy dressing up for random calendar holidays like this. To my own shock I do not own any kelly green which is what I really wanted, a big kelly green saint patties day dress with little rainbows on it, gold shimmer tights and shamrock headband bobbers. I actually enjoy being the Ms. Fizzle of holidays. Yup. After I read this sentence I realized this freakish holiday love can be blamed on Target and their dollar holiday section which almost always contains something glittery , damn you Target! 

Instead I settled for just putting together all the greens I have in hopes that a monochromatic outfit can slide on St. Patties.  I love mixing stripes and polka dots, but does it work here? Maaaybe haha. This was me getting dressed - All the things GREEN!! I'm even wearing green socks and my green man earrings! I do actually like this outfit, and I enjoy that I felt a bit bold mixing patterns and monochromizing!  [1. Monochromizing, V. The act of dressing in a monochromatic scale]. 

Excuse the mud. When Matt got off work we went to check out an area we haven't been to - Alki Beach and the West Seattle area. We explored the pools for a bit, hence the dirty boots but it was pretty chilly out on the point. This is my "Woah, its really windy...duh!" laughing face and of course - green glitter nails! 
HAPPY MARCH!!!!



3 comments:

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel welcome to leave a comment!