Sunday, May 26, 2013

Out and About Adventure - South Lake Union

South Lake Union is great for an afternoon of free entertainment, strolling, seeing and for me it turns out, swimming (more on that later). Boats of all shapes and sizes dock together on the south end of the lake by the Center for Wooden Boats (free!) and many will allow you to come aboard and tour! They also have a wooden canoe on display as it's being made and a small pond with motorized boats to play with. We brought some snacks and sat down by the water watching the seaplanes take off and land. There's a tiny dot of a plane getting ready to land while this one takes off, and yes, that huge storm on the left eventually did come for us.
Love the kitty on this boat! I've actually been down to the center and on the boats before but this time there was a particularly wonderful boat, whose name I can't find but I will, that I really enjoyed seeing. The boat is an inn that you can stay on, decorated like a little oceanside B&B with a lovely common room. Some rooms were occupied while I toured but each room I did see was so quaint and inviting, I really loved it! 
I did not enjoying getting off the boat, as my wonderfully clumsy foot stepped into the space between the dock and the boat which causes one to fall off of the boat, hit the dock and land in the water, or like me suspended between with bottom half in and top half holding on. It was hilarious and cold and painful all at the same time. I think I frightened the boat keeper with my hysterical laughing, it was just too funny. I had a big purple bruise up the inside of my leg and under my butt for about two weeks, ouch!
But how cute are these rooms?! The first picture I think is the main suite but I love the little bunk beds just as much! I love boats/houseboats because all spaces are functional and purposeful, but they also took great care in adding special details to make each room welcoming and comfortable. 

3 comments:

  1. wow i love this place! the bedroom looks so so romantic <3

    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I will find the name of the boat and update as soon as I find it!

      Delete
  2. I now want to redecorate my room :3 who'da thunk I'd fall for a pink room

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel welcome to leave a comment!