Sunday, May 12, 2013

Wandering in the Paisley Forest


What a beautiful green forrest, what a great green adventure!!!
We had a few hours to enjoy an evening stroll through the woods! Evening now for me extends from after work about 6 or 6:30 to 8:30 when the sun is finally starting to set  - these few extra hours of light are so wonderful to have! My post yesterday covered the hiking details but I also wanted to share a few of this outfit since I unintentionally matched my surroundings quite well! And also...LOOK AT THOSE TINY LITTLE TAILS! Yea, still getting used to SHORT HAIR!!  : D
I bought this shirt a few weeks ago when some friends invited us out to the Neptune, a 90 year old Seattle theatre, to see Keller Williams who I had never seen live. It was a good show and a beautiful venue, with a cool mermaid bathroom! We're slowly checking off the local venues, but I can't wait to go back to the Neptune. 
These two shots totally encompass the feeling of this thrifted skirt, swirly, twirly, jumping, dancing fun! Paisley can be intense, chaotic and dare I say outdated?! But, still love it, even if it clashes with all the green. Like I said it's thrifted, so it is currently missing a top button but I couldn't wait to wear it so voila yellow belt! My favorite part of the outfit though are these Tree of Life earrings from Nature's Twist in Seattle! So beautiful and so sparkly! 

And I have to end this post with the glorious birthday backpack because I truly do love it. It was a such a wonderful, thoughtful and functional gift! I'm super pumped to break it in the summer, rub sum durrt on it!!



5 comments:

  1. i love your skirt!

    <3max.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't you adorable?! I think the shirt goes perfectly with the shirt, and your tails are so cute.

    Gosh, I don't know how you get your detail shots so perfect mine end up all wrong. Also, That mermaid bathroom is freakin great!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess! As far as the shots go, just keep practicing! Take a lot of different shots because having many to choose from helps. I don't always end up with the clear, detailed shots like I like either!

      Delete
  3. I miss that much green and that kind of forest. Love your skirt, buy the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Where did you live and where do you live now?!

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel welcome to leave a comment!