Monday, September 3, 2012

This Beautiful Place - Lake Tahoe


I cannot be more thankful that I was born and raised in such a beautiful place. Growing up in the mountains rooted nature within me; from appreciation and awe grew the desire to be free in nature and learn through it and from it. (Insert inspirational John Muir quote here.) But I really do love Muir, among others. What I really want to share is a day spent swimming in this beautiful lake. Yes, the colors are really that stunning.
The sun is shining and the breeze is light, a perfect day for swimming. This last shot is the initial descent upon the "cove" we picked to swim and the rest various shots throughout the day. The East shore of Lake Tahoe is famous for it's sandy beaches studded with smooth granite boulders that collect together forming islands; perfect for exploring, sunning and jumping off of. The East shore gradually deepens and because the water is so pure (although clarity levels are decreasing..very sad) we are treated to an amazing spectrum of vivid blues and greens. The best part of it all? It's completely free! I couldn't ask for a better day! After swimming all day in the lake, we headed over to a downtown festival for some food, music and vendoring...by vendoring I mean woefully wandering from booth to booth admiring but not buying. I love my beach shirt and I've been thinking up some ways to unbeach it - maybe just not wear my plastic 5$ sandals I bought to ruin.
Finding this couch made me want to mini dance, hence the moves is this next picture. I love this necklace and I really love it with this shirt, but what makes it perfect for the beach is the meshing and not just your usual 'mesh,' the back of this shirt is patterned too! Yay!
 Summertime must mean sandal obsession cause I just can't get sandals out of my head! I've always gone for flip flops in the summer cause I can be pretty rough on 'em but I just can't help sandal dreaming after some of these! (1)(2)(3)(4)


2 comments:

  1. We LOVE Tahoe! You are so lucky to have spent so much of your life in such a gorgeous place!

    Love & Lollies... Jessa

    Caked Vintage Blog

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel welcome to leave a comment!