Monday, September 10, 2012

Ode to Fall

My oxfords were feeling a little bland, here and here. So, in my true essence I decided to sparkle them up! I'm super pleased with how they turned out aaaand they are getting me super excited for Fall! I need more pumpkin in my wardrobe. 
Trying out the hi-low hem above. This skirt falls a few inches below my knees, so I've been testing it at different lengths in the hopes of hemming it (sadly my sewing machine is far away in storage!). The same with my shirt....why are these sleeves so long!? I'll never know. I always buy concert T's, even though they never seem to fit anybody right, and plan to do neat stuff with them which I never end up doing. Add it to the long list of alterations! So the skirt, to go shorter or not to go shorter?
As I was shooting this outfit I happened to notice my roommates most excellent top hat sitting well within reach, so why not?! I added a top hat! 

Said most excellent top hat is a creation of Bubbles & Frown, who makes amazing custom designs as well as a whole slew of incredible feather headdresses. I love fall, October and Halloween...in fact I think this house is going to be spookified in the very near future!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Your shoes are awesome! What a great DIY xx

    Twenties Girl Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashley! I'll actually be posting the DIY feature later on!

      Delete
  2. I really love what you did with your shoes!! They look amazing! You're beautiful!

    xx Emily

    Follow me back?

    http://outintosparks.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel welcome to leave a comment!