Saturday, September 29, 2012

This Beautiful Place - Wallace Falls

I grew up in a year round playground, so this was a really important aspect for me when picking a place to move. I love how much this area of the Pacific Northwest has to offer in ways of adventuring an exploring - two of my favorite things. Last weekend I finally had a chance to go beyond the city and get into nature for a little hiking expedition. I wanted to hike the famed Snoqualamie Falls but apparently the trails are closed until 2013, a bummer but no problem (that's why I'm a geek that checks beforehand!), and a quick google search recommended Wallace Falls instead, done! The trail was divided into three main sections and a fourth that I didn't get to. As pictured above, the lower falls with the upper falls in the distance.





Once at the upper falls there is the option to continue via ridge but I really wanted to explore the top for a bit; two mini falls pouring into emerald pools before the final descent. I know the 3 pictures above look similar but they are taken at different heights as I ascended the pool levels. In the picture above I'm standing at the second 'mini' fall looking at the pool and the 265' falls drop off. The picture below is looking from the third pool back up at the other two. Isn't it interesting that each level has a caught log? When water levels are higher I'm sure they don't stick around for too long.



I love sitting and watching the water flow...where it enters and falls, where it breaks around rocks or creates holes in them. Then I love jumping from bank to bank, following it all around, exploring each cavity and pool because each one is always different, a thousands combinations to create a fairly general phenomena - an epic waterfall for all to see. I could have spent hours here, just playin around, checkin it out. I love experiencing time in nature because in every minute is a subtle change that will release a series of cause and effect, each and every thing plays a part. Want to try the easiest experiment ever? Drop a leaf or twig into the top of the water flow and follow it down, never gets old.


3 comments:

  1. oh wow, these photos are so beautiful <3
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. so so wonderful! i'd love to find a quiet spot there to have a little picnic

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel welcome to leave a comment!