Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Porcupine Spirit

10 lovely things I'm going to miss from this summer.1.Warm rays of sun in the morning.2.Afternoon thunderstorms.3.Long, warm evenings.4.Going barefoot.5.Time with family.6.Road tripping.7.Sandals.8.Swimming.9.Camping and of course 10.Backyard running, jumping and dancing!
Crooked steps? Yes, those steps are sunken and crooked - imperfect but adorned with love all the same. That's how I feel about my style most of the time, a mixture of parts. Something I would really like to work on is actually going for a look and sticking to it, editing. Today I think my style woke up on a gypsy vardo -layered skirts, sandals, jeweled necklaces, but listening to metal - concert tee, and still daydreaming of being on the road - earrings. These earrings were my road trip splurge, not in the sense that they were expensive, but as something I saw and knew was meant for me, a talismanic object that when I wear transports me back to the incredible memories and places of the trip. They were made with porcupine quills and beads which seems fitting for me - porcupine often symbolizes a wonder of discovery, humility, fun, trust and although usually non-agressive has a powerful weapon if needed. 
Whatever my crazy style may or may not be for the day, I unapologeticly love it. And it makes ME happy, BOO yaaaa! Also, following this post I'm going to have some pretty exciting news!! Eeeyee!

5 comments:

  1. you look stunning, would you like to follow each other?
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/
    http://www.facebook.com/CoeursDeFoxes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katie! And yes! I'm actually already a follower of your blog, heehee!

      Delete
  2. Going barefoot is one of the things I'll miss the most :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome outfit!!!! wearing double skirt ... pretty cool.

    http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel welcome to leave a comment!