Tuesday, September 24, 2013

This Beautiful Place - Mt Si


I was so thankful to get out of the house the other day and hike 8 miles at Mt Si! This hike came highly recommended and I will definitely return to the well maintained and surprisingly shady trail. I got to share the hike with my duuuude and if that wasn't great enough, the weather was wonderful, affording us an incredible payoff for sure, 360 degree view and clear! I saw all the way past Seattle to Bainbridge Island, mini mountains with sprawling valleys and of course like, oh hey Rainier! Yeah, I'll get to you buddy. 











I certainly felt the hike by the time we were done (aaaand the next few days) and was glad to continue having an amazing afternoon at one of our favorite chow down spots - Marination! Knowing that this was probably the last good day of sitting out here in the sun, with this view, I just sat back and enjoyed every bite.












One thing I've learned to keep an eye out for on the trails up here are slugs! I came across these two lovers on the trail and while it's obvious they are snail sexing, I was certainly intrigued by exactly what was really going on here. I managed not only to answer my own questions, but I also learned quite a few other things about slugs. As it turns out snails/slugs have incredibly interesting and also somewhat mysterious sex lives, for example some species practice 'sadomasochism'. For all the details I found this article enlightening for anyone interested. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel welcome to leave a comment!