Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Market Dress

I've been avoiding the fact that summer is definitely over in the PNW so I forgot all about this dress post. As soon as I tried on this breezy, cotton dress I knew it was a market dress! A day at work can get grimy so basically a work dress is one that allows me to do my thang; push my cart, jump on/over tables, occasionally spill things...but also stay comfy! 

It's got pockets, for snacks! Or for my phone, keys, random pocket fillings...pockets are perfect for a market dress. 
I love crazy pattern mixing (hence this zebraesque cardigan over top) and this dress has a moderately graphic pattern - wavy lines and circles. Pretty simple. It's plain enough for me to mix with but interesting enough to stand on it's own so I'm excited to try styling it other ways.
One thing that stumps me is what jewelry to wear with it. I wore a mismatched but still matching (?) set of costume crystals but I'm also excited to play around with other jewelry. I think my favorite accessory is the Hamlet tattoo. Even though the tattoo's not real I did like having it there...definitely the next place I would consider getting inked. Heh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel welcome to leave a comment!