Monday, October 8, 2012

Burgundy & Florals

Fall is so easily loveable! Adding layers, bundling up, and savoring every little sliver of sun before winter grey sets in. And the colors! Oh the colors! So rich and warm! As the days are becoming shorter  I am definitely missing my cooler weather wardrobe back in California, especially all my gloves and scarves! Layering will be my biggest challenge until I can go pick up my things in storage.
I love this jacket. It's half sweatshirt and half jacket. I'd call it a lightweight jacket since it can't really withstand the evil bitch that is nature in the winter (wind, rain, snow, etc.) but it does keep you super warm otherwise. Also it has lots of pockets and a b.a.m.f'in hood too. It was an awesome gift some winters back from my amazing sister <3 who always picks out the greatest pieces and it's Volcolm (one of my absolute favorites). Yeah, I love this jacket. Little things right?
I saved this shirt from its depression at Target where it was cast into the sale rack because it had lost its  belt. It's light, it's flowy, and I have a soft spot for florals. Especially florals on sale. For a brief moment getting dressed I thought, can I layer a burgundy skirt with burgundy leggings? Then slapped myself because yes, obviously I had just physically done that. 

Ignore the fact that my nails are hot pink and sparkly. I needed that little extra 'spoonful of sparkle' (ha) to get through some stuff. If I can look down at my nails and somehow keep pushing, then nails it is. Rule #32, remember. One thing you may notice here, my nails are usually more my mood than anything else and therefore will clash often - I wish I had the stylish nail talents of Elycia and Kaylah!

This is one of my favorite and most worn necklaces that I bought years ago by complete chance. I was dragged into some store I'd never shopped at - calm down, not like that - just in that is was all petites or all old lady bras or something. Someone else had brought me into the store for something so I casually perused the sales rack (you'll hear this a lot!) and there it was! A whole stack of them at the very bottom, super reduced because clearly they had not sold. It was cheap necklace love. 

A jacket, a necklace - can I gush about shoes too?! All I will say is that I picked up these shoes from a friend right before leaving and even though they are not my size, they were completely free and are so amazingly cozy.
Happy Fall!


2 comments:

  1. What a lovely blog you have here! I love all your outfits - they are adorable. I especially love this one! I wear mocs like 90% of the time :]

    Xo,
    ♥ Emily
    teatreevintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel welcome to leave a comment!