Tuesday, October 23, 2012

The Walk That Lead to the Library


On this particular afternoon we went for a little stroll through fall and finally went down to our local library branch to get some library cards! Yea, I get excited about library cards. Cooler weather is definitely here, sharp on your nose and crisp in your lungs. I broke down and thrifted a couple fall/winter pieces since I really do need some warmer clothes! Welcome to the gang, new-to-me sweater!
I've been looking for THE pair of boots for years now, literally YEARS. Still with no luck. I want to 'invest' (aka spend more than I've ever spent of shoes) on a good pair of boots, but if I do that, they have to meet all of my criteria. Plus, I have a hard time shopping for shoes since my size is odd and usually goes out of stock right away - especially with boots. Long ago I gave up the dream of my perfect boots although I still go on searching, but these boots are probably the closest I've come! Even though they are pretty cheaply made and definitely wont last as long as a good pair of boots they were literally cheap - about 25 bucks!
I bought this sweater mostly because big wool sweaters are not something I have a lot of (any of?) and wanted to try them out. I really like the baggy sweater type layering but never felt like it suited my body shape. I've never been super comfortable in sweaters but since I've been working on body acceptance I was ready to try them out, and you really can't beat the warmth from a big wool sweater.

One of my best girlfriends gave me this empty pendant, I don't know the proper term - shadowbox?! It opens and the contents can be changed! I found this mini feather on the beach by my old house so that's what's currently inside mine, inside hers you'll usually find lichen! I wanted to wear it but found out I did not have a chain that would fit around the bulk of the sweater...so...I craft-macgyvered it and used my wrap bracelet! Feelin' pretty clever on this one kids! 
I had no idea what to do with my hair but I wanted to do something with it...apparently this is that something. After walking back from the library with armfuls of books I realized that with my glasses, sweater and braids I somehow, without even planning it, channeled a "library" outfit. Can't wait to dig into some books, what have you been reading lately?!

5 comments:

  1. These boots are seriously amazing. In the pictures they don't look cheap at all. I also love your tights and how well they mix with the skirt. I bought my first bulky sweater last week! I too have felt uneasy in sweaters, but I'm going to embrace it and enjoy its comfort!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Also, super excited that the sweater thing isn't just me and I'm glad someone else will be tackling it as well! Yay sweaters!

      Delete
  2. yes i ant to be yur neighboor lololo do u want to follow each other?? kisses

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome boots. i've just admired them on another blos in black.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel welcome to leave a comment!