Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Something About Stripes and Florals

I'm really loving my new job because for the first time in a looong time I can actually wear whatever I want to work. Working in food there are definitely things you do not wear to work, or at least I didn't considering the shenanigans that befell my 'normal' workday.
I'm also really enjoying drawing inspiration and energy from work - it's definitely helped me be a little more outgoing and relaxed and in turn I'm having tons of fun just being silly and free with my wardrobe. Recently my personal goal has been to not wear my one pair of jeans. My hagard, torn, perma-dirty MoWo jeans that lived just as much as I did this summer. But I have to face the facts, they are getting pretty sad. Also, have you ever experienced your jeans deteriorating on the inside thighs, just under the crotch region? Friction they say. Chub rub I say. That's when I know it's time to retire my pair. 
Shoes, leggings and tank top - all from Target. Dress - thrifted. Cardigan - CottonOn. This necklace is probably my 'signature piece' haha, since I wear it all the time, but it does literally symbolize my last name. The charms were a gift from my Dad ages ago and I accidentally broke the chain while hiking on the trip. Not wanting to lose the charms I attached them to the other necklace I was wearing and liked it so much that I never 'fixed' either necklace. The pearly string necklace was a handmade gift from my, sort of, great Aunt. 
The new apartment is pretty dismal save for the surviving plants, the trunks, a few books and the laundry baskets filled with miscellany. It's not easy to decorate with camping stuff seeing as a tarp on the walls or floor may give off the wrong idea. So, I just had to buy this lil mini rug at the dollar store so we could have something bright and happy. Hopefully soon we'll go get our stuff in storage and this little place will be filled to the brim with all my junk and happy things. Dear bed, I miss you. I think of you often. Like when I'm going to bed. Without you. Fondly, Me. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please feel welcome to leave a comment!